Sunday, January 20, 2008


I got a puzzle for christmas and put it together the week of new years.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I was able to learn about color harmony and the principles of unity and variety.  It was a puzzle of James Christensen's Parables painting he may not be a true master but seems to know what is doing with the art business.  As far as the color harmony and unity/variety goes between the 1500 pieces there was a lot of color harmony and the only way to tell the difference in the pieces was the slight variety in texture.  Puzzles are cooler than I remember.

2 comments:

jess smart smiley said...

Daaaaang. I got a 1500 piece Tigger puzzle for Christmas. It was a photomontage, where the colors are made up of teeny tiny film stills...yeah. We gave up after five days and only 120 connecting pieces.

jess smart smiley said...

P.S. Thanks for the congrats! Its funny, 'cause it was published back in September, but they just barely got around to mailing me the magazine.